- At various locations on our site, and for the provision of our services, we ask you for information, which will allow us to provide you (whether you are a potential candidate or physician) with information that is targeted specifically to you. If you would like to be considered for participation in a clinical trial, this information allows us to contact you regarding particular trials for which you may be suitable.
- We collect information in the following ways:
- (i) We collect information you provide to us when you register at the website(s) (such as name, date of birth, email address, address, phone number, and any demographic information as may be required);
- (ii) You may have reached our website due to your interest in a specific clinical trial or clinical trials in a certain field. To learn whether you satisfy the criteria for a particular trial or a group of trials, we may be required to complete an electronic registration form which may include medical information. If you meet the prequalification criteria for the trial, as required by the medical center or entity performing such trial and grant us explicit permission to do so by checking the relevant box in the form, your information will be forwarded to the designated personnel in your area for further evaluation; any such personnel will be under strict constraints by laws governing the disclosure of PII. If relevant you may also provide details of any of your minor child or children to verify if they meet the criteria for a particular trial;
- (iii) We may also ask you for additional information so that we can provide you with additional services (such as new clinical trials that are of potential interest to you).
- To improve our ability to provide you with our services, we may combine your PII with aggregated data about groups of people in similar circumstances.
- We and our partners (such as pharmaceutical companies, medical centers and medical website) may occasionally offer newsletters or other publications focused on specific medical conditions that you might be interested in. You may request to receive from us such newsletters and publications in a field/s that may interest you. If you do so we will use your contact information you provided to deliver the material you request.
- We partner with several companies that gather opted-in information from consumers, which include self-reported health information. If you have provided PII to one of our data partners (including information on your medical history, health, purchasing habits, or lifestyle) indicated an interest in clinical research studies or health information, and opted in to receive information of interest from third parties, we may receive your PII from the data partner. In some circumstances, we may link the information you have provided to our data partners with publicly available data about you, such as public directory phone numbers.
- We may offer users to share with their friends details about our site using our referral service. If you provide your friend’s name and email address, we will automatically send a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our site. We do not store this email address and will not use it for any other purpose. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove any of this information from our database.
- In some circumstances, we may contact you by mail regarding potential clinical studies where information you voluntarily provided to our Data Partners or publicly available information suggests on the basis of analysis of various demographic and societal trends that you might benefit from such studies.
- You may send us an email or use our website to opt out of receiving information or being contacted by us. In such event we will need to retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you. We may also retain your information to the extent it has previously been incorporated in non-personalized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us. We will retain your information for as long as you are subscribed to the website or as needed to provide you with the services you requested. You may remove your information from our contact list by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or when disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, enforce agreements, resolve disputes and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or similar legal process served on our activity or website.
- A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assign to your computer while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our website quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests. You can find more information about cookies at
- . You may remove cookies by following the instructions of your browser preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Service may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
- In our website and some of our messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to information and content. When you click on some links, they may pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page or on one of our data partners’ websites. We or our trusted Data Partners may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics, measure the effectiveness and performance of our customer communications and promotions.
- We may use or share Non PII (such as information which does not enable identification of an individual user, aggregated information or PII in non-human readable form) in any of the above circumstances, as well as for the purpose of providing and improving our services, aggregate statistics and conduct business and marketing analysis, and enhance your experience with the website. If we combine PII with Non PII, the combined information will be treated as PII for as long as it remains combined.
- At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose PII requested to be actively provided by you. If you choose not to provide such PII, you may be unable to access certain features, programs, offers, and services of our website that involve our interaction with you.
- We wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request and you be further requested to provide further details in order to secure your identity and your requests.
- Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise, we retain the information we collect (including your PII) for as long as needed to provide our services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies and agreements.
- Our websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected Non PII or PII from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child (or minor under supervision) has provided us information without their consent or information that they would like to have removed, they should contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request us to correct your PII or your child’s information, modify your contact preferences, or completely opt out of our services at any time. You can update your or your child’s information, correct inaccuracies, or delete some or all of your or your child’s data by emailing us at email@example.com, we will respond to your request to access within 20 business days.
- The security of your PII is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the website or of the data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 4 January 2017